Friday, May 6, 2011

Reflections from the Prayer Room at the Baltimore Prayer House

Keeping the fire burning on the altar here at the Prayer House. :-)

During time in prayer & saturating in the Word today, I read some awesome stuff from the Christian Growth Study Bible by YWAM in partnership with Zondervan. Here's a quote from the introduction they give to the book of Habakkuk, "Habakkuk begins with despondency but ends with powerful nor grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls YET I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD, I WILL BE JOYFUL IN GOD MY SAVIOR.' (3:17-18, emphasis added). Consider how you too might look beyond the circumstances of life to the character of God. As you come to know the One who will establish his perfect justice on earth, you will find reasons for worshipping Him.

****

Special thanks to David & Christine Hamilton for giving this Bible to my mom & dad years ago, and now it's found it's way into my hands! It's been such a huge blessing and has really opened up the scriptures to me. As I'm reading, part of me longs to be a part of YWAM's School of the Bible and sit under your teaching, David! ;-) I have my mind set to come visit you with my mom & dad if you make it back to Harrisburg, PA again this year. That's only a couple hours from us in Baltimore! And if you want to come by Baltimore while you're in the area, we'll totally put you up and provide some opportunities for you to minister, fundraise, or just enjoy our company - however the Spirit leads. I'd love to have you connect with my ministry the Prayer House and the move God's doing here. Why I can't really do a School of the Bible right now - God's telling me to stay & work here for the time being. And I do love the work here oh so much! I'm blessed to know that I'm in good company with the Disciples who were "untrained ordinary men". :-) Yet, I've had some real great training over the years with Teen Mania Ministries in '07-'09 & World Trumpet Mission who I now work a lot with in Baltimore ('09-present). God is good. And of course, the Holy Spirit is the best teacher of all, & i get His classroom most of the time in-between times of training with others He provides every now and again. I trust His leadership and only want to do what He says when He says it!!! :-)

Well, there it is...a lot of stuff that just welled up in my heart as I spent time in the prayer room this morning, and some other things that have just come out...lol. Praise God!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment