Monday, May 16, 2011

The Eve Before My Grandpa's Memorial Service

Playing some Youtube videos (see one link I shared on facebook) and being prayerful as I close out my day. Thanking God for rest today and for family. We're having a memorial service for my grandpa tomorrow at 11am in Marion, IA. My cousin Meghan will be leading our newly formed choral group of cousins (special for grandpa-I think he would be delighted) in singing his favorite hymn, "How Great Thou Art." There's several prices of the service I'm not quite aware of, but they've asked me to read a scripture too. I've chosen Ecclesiastes 3, which my grandma thought was very fitting. I'm anticipating a beautiful day as we put my dear dear grandpa to rest - celebrating his life, saying goodbye, and resting in the fact we know he's in a better place now and no longer suffering, as he has been towards the end of his time here on earth.

Psalm 116:15 KJV "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."

No comments:

Post a Comment