Monday, May 24, 2010

Pain is temporary, while growth is permanent

..."pain is temporary, while growth is permanent"...

These words resound in my mind today as I face another day - waiting, praying, asking a lot of questions, reminding myself of simple little promises from God like this, and trying to keep my chin up amidst the pain.

Migraines. 7 straight days of migraines. I praise God for giving me some lucidity right now to even write about it.

Tomorrow I go to the neurologist to try to get some answers.

So, for the last 7 days I've been staying with my parents and have focused on trying to keep my mind off the pain.

I've been reminded of how much I love what I do, and I really miss being in the Prayer House, spending time with the Father on behalf of people in need-on behalf of a city in need. I've realized how much I truly cherish the people I've been walking with this past year. They've been such a strength to me, and I've learned so much from their devotion to the Lord. I can't wait to get back and walk out this journey - this lifestyle of prayer. I can't wait to move forward in the organic, relation-based ministry God's given me.

There's so many beautiful people - so many stories. Perhaps one day I'll be putting it all together in a book? Who knows.

But one thing I do know - there's treasure in Baltimore. There's so much purpose - so much potential. And I get to be a part of it.

So right now I'm continuing to take it easy. The other night I pushed myself to get back for the Thursday night prayer meeting I lead, and ended up not sleeping at all that night because the nautia and pain was so bad.

God knows what is best & I will follow Him. I just praise God for the beauty that I'm seeing right now in the things He's doing. Please keep praying for my health. It's been a continual struggle this year - if it's not one thing it seems to be another. But God is faithful. I have no doubt about that. And He's come through in some awesome ways.

Do it again, oh God!

..."pain is temporary, while growth is permanent"...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Beth,

    Just want to thank you for your beautiful heart and labor in the Lord. Today I was in the city with my sister. We could feel the love and favor of God over Baltimore, and could see just how much that city needs Him. Truly, they are in desperate need for the Redeemer and Savior Jesus!! I am so thankful for your prayers and love for Baltimore! The Lord hears every single one of your prayers.

    May He come and heal your migraines and restore you back to full health! Lots of love!! --Hannah

    ReplyDelete